The purpose of this document is to outline the process for users to record their voice mail greetings.
First Time / New User Account
If you are a new user, the system will walk you through setting up your voice mail box including the recording of your name, your new password, and voice mail greeting. It is important to set up your voice mail box immediately since some features and functions do not work until you set up your account.
To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Press the button on your telephone to access your Voice Mail box.
- You will be prompted to enter your Extension, press the “#” key after you enter your extension.
- You will then be prompted to enter your temporary password. Enter the password given to you and then press the “#” key.
- You will now be asked to create a new password. Enter the new password that you wish to create and then press the “#” key. You will be asked to press “1” to proceed or press “2” to re-enter a new password. Please note that whatever you enter as your voice mail password also becomes your MXIE (softphone) password if you’ve been given MXIE.
- You will then be asked to record your name. Simply state your first and last name and then press the “#” key when finished. You will be asked to press “1” to continue or press “2” to re-record your name.
- You will then be asked to record your new voice mail greeting. Record your greeting and then press the “#” key when you are done. Here is a sample greeting:
“Hello, this is [state your first name] and I am in the office today however I stepped away from my desk or I’m in a meeting. Please leave a brief message and I’ll return the call as soon as possible. Thank you.”
Press “#” when finished. You will then be asked to press “1” to proceed or press “2” to re-record your greeting.
You have now completed the setup of your new voice mail box. The system will ask you to press “1” for additional information where the system will explain your new voice mail box and features or you can press “2” to go to the main menu.
Existing User: Re-recording your Greeting
Simply follow these steps if you are an existing user and simply need to re-record your existing greeting.
- Press the Voice Mail button on your telephone to access your voice mail box.
- You will be prompted to enter your password. Enter your password and press the “#” key to proceed.
- Press “4” for more options
- Press “2” for the option to change your recorded name or greeting
- Press “2” to re-cord your greeting
- Since you are allowed to record up to 4 greetings, you will be asked to select a greeting number, press “1” and then press “#”.
- You will now be prompted to record your greeting. Record your new voice mail greeting and press “#” when finished.
- You will be asked to press “1” to proceed or press “2” to re-record your greeting. Press “1” to proceed.
- You will now be asked to activate the greeting you just recorded. If you select “1” in step ‘f’ above, press “1” now.
- Press “*” to return to the main menu or simply hang-up.
- Your voice mail greeting has now been updated.